National Digital Literacy Programme (NDLP)
The school will roll out the use of personal learning devices (PLDs) to all Sec 1 to Sec 3 students in March 2021. Every Sec 1 to Sec 3 students will own their own school-prescribed PLD - Lenovo 500e Chromebook Convertible which they will use in tandem with the Singapore Student Learning Space (SLS) and other educational technology to personalise and enhance their learning. This will better enable students to acquire digital skills and apply these skills as they navigate an increasingly digitalised world.
Empowering digital learners to be future-ready, responsible and collaborative anytime, anywhere.
- Facilitating, Enabling, Equipping, Guiding
- Giving (to StaRs) choices, student voice, opportunities to take charge/control
- Engage digitally
- Adapt to Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous situations (that characterize 21st CC)
- Apply 21CC skills and knowledge
- Possess right values and attitudes for the digital age
- Be accountable, taking ownership of consequences/outcomes
- Engage in safe and secure manner for self and others in cyberspace
- Be disciplined and discerning in the use of PLD and digital resources
Collaborative (note that self-directedness is already a school value)
- Work & network with others to achieve shared learning outcomes
- Understand and leverage one another’s strengths
- Use social skills
NDLP Briefing for Parents
Please refer to the following resources to find out more details on NDLP in Serangoon Secondary School.
|National Digital Literacy Programme (NDLP)
Mr Sebastian Jin
|Parent Handbook on 1-to-1 Learning||
This parent handbook shares more information on how owning a personal learning device (PLD) will enhance the child’s learning as well as some digital parenting tips, strategies and resources.
Students' Experiences in the Use of PLDs
in 1-to-1 Learning Pilot Schools
SSS ICT Talk: PLD and ICT AUP
Mr Gregory Peck (HOD ICT)
Parent Webinar on 29 May 2021: Information on Personal Learning Device
Feedback on NDLP Briefing for Parents
If you have any queries on NDLP, please do not hesitate to provide your feedback by clicking on the hyperlink provided in this form.
Alternatively, you may contact the school at Tel: 6385 1589 to enquire on NDLP matters.