Craft & Technology
Our VisionInnovate and create with skills for life
Semester 1 – Design & Technology and Home Economics
Semester 2 – Design & Technology and Art
Semester 1 – Design & Technology and Art
Semester 2 – Design & Technology and Home Economics
Students taking anthropometric data before commencing with their designs
Nutrition & Food Science Curriculum
NFS provides students with knowledge and skills, while inculcating in them positive attitudes that will empower them to make informed food and consumer choices. Students are equipped with relevant life skills to independently navigate the wealth of information available to them to make healthier and wiser choices for everyday living.
Below: Teacher facilitating reflection after students completed their cooking session.
- Science Centre – D&T Awards (2015)
- Teritary Institutions (Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, 2015; Republic Polytechnic, 2016)
2016 was filled with fun and interactive learning experiences for our lower secondary students. Taking learning of C&T subjects out of the classrooms, our students went to a few venues with customised tours, facilitation to deepen their knowledge and appreciation for the subjects.
- Singapore Art Museum (2016)
- National Gallery (2016)
- National Museum (2016)
- National Design Centre (2016)
- NTUC Supermarket Tour (2016): A supermarket tour to enhance the knowledge of processed food. Making informed choices on ingredients used in preparing nutritious dishes. - Hay Dairy Milk Farm (2016)
- Hay Diary Milk Farm (2016): An educational briefing an orientation by in-house experienced farmer. An opportunity to ask any question during an up close personal session
- Farmart Edu Tour (2016): An educational tour in nutrients and life science of eggs through a farmer who has rich farming experience.
Authentic learning: Working on various scenarios, Sec 1 students put their knowledge on meal planning and budgeting into practice at a local supermarket.
South Zone Millennium Challenge
Students put their creativity to test as they design and build mock-ups of state-of-the-art bridges. Although the team did not win for this competition, they gained valuable learning experiences and exposure.
9 students also took part in SYF Art 2016, the students had a fruitful learning experience, creating art that celebrates artistry and youth! Here are their creations, enjoy!